Monday, August 27, 2012

Red and White Quilt Challenge a Big Success

Well, the voters voted and  the winner of the Red and White Quilt Challenge at The Cloth Castle in Category 1 is.....
Miriam was the winner and this is no surprise.  She has been working on this 1930's style paper pieced quilt for a year and what a great job she did.   This gal hasn't been quilting for very long and this is her second first place win, she kicked butt at last years challenge too sew look out folks she keeps raising that bar.  Here are a few close ups of some of her blocks, I think she could teach a class on paper piecing, another sideline job for you Rogue, just saying.


Doesn't this make you red with envy, somehow my Farmer's Wife Sampler Blocks look so insignificant compared to this piecing.  And to add to her talent she also machine quilted this project all by herself, Booyah I say!  There were second and third place winners in the two categories so watch for the ribbons as I add a picture of all the quilts at the challenge.





















Oh look, here is my quilt and though it wasn't a winner I still like my Churn Dashes








This quilt was the Viewer's Choice.
Here is another picture of Miriam's winning quilt with the paper pieced border, far too much work for this old dog!


Hopefully I didn't miss any and now don't forget there will be another Quilt Challenge next year and it will be tah dah ....Dresden Plate.  Be still my heart, I already have a Dresden Quilt top pieced but you know how that will end, I'll still be putting on the binding a week before the challenge!  Such is a quilter's life.  Off I go as my third batch of company arrives on Friday and I need to clean out the fridge, dust, do laundry, vacuum oh ya that's not until Friday so I can do all that Thursday night  because I have some quilting to do right!  Happy Dance!

6 comments:

Linda said...

The winning quilt is gorgeous, but I'm certainly glad I was not a judge! All those quilts are winners!

krisgray said...

Thank you for sharing all those beautiful photos!

The Rogue Quilter said...

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for those nice words about my quilt. That means a lot. I loved your churn dashes.

Vicki B said...

thanks, Katy. I didn't see the show but so really appreciate the photo shoot. Miriam takes my breath away! That is an amazing accomplishment! wow. I do like your churn dash quilt! So lovely. hope to see you at the cloth castle this year. might even take a class.

paulette said...

I missed this one so I'm glad you got the pics...the next best thing to being there!! I LOVED your churn dash and Miriam's blew me away!!Hasn't see been quilting for just a few days?? Incredible!!
P

QuiltinGram said...

All the quilts are beautiful. Love churn dash block myself and like your's with the two different sizes. Did Miriam have a pattern for her gorgeous quilt or did she just gather a bunch of paperpiecing blocks?
cathyc1950(at)gmail(dot)com